OUR HERITAGE AND HISTORY
Welcome to España’s Southwest Bar and Grill. We are excited to share our history with the legendary Canal Farm Inn. Canal Farm was originally settled by Henry Miller, a German immigrant whose dedication and optimism built a future out of a desert. In the late 1800s, Miller owned and operated Canal Farm as a headquarters for his canal operations. He ran vast farmland, canal districts, ranches and grazing pastures. His mission was continual innovation in every endeavor.
Family-Owned and -Operated
In 1929, Miller sold the land to Joe and Martha Goni, who added “Inn” to the name and converted the property into a boarding house, restaurant, bar and motel. In 1967 Canal Farm Inn was purchased by John and Ester Amabile, who have kept the restaurant in their family ever since. The restaurant’s name was changed to España’s Southwest Bar and Grill in 1981. Our family is proud to have been offering exceptional Mexican food to locals and tourist alike for more than 50 years.
Adapting and Advancing
Our family is honored to be a part of the historic Canal Farm heritage. We proudly carry on the tradition of innovation and excellence established by Henry Miller back in the 1800s. We believe in providing our customers with the very best, which is why we only purchase fresh, local, natural, organic and wild foods. With an appreciation for our past, we are always on the lookout for the best solutions and adaptations. We continue to expand, renovate and achieve excellence.